Deeside Inn – 13-15 Victoria Road, Ballater, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
The 4-Star Deeside Inn is renowned for it’s live music performances, top quality food and superb service. If you’re wanting a night out on the town, this is the place to be!
The décor is reflective of the Victorian era and is full of history and tales of Queen Victoria having stayed here. You can even see her famous wooden toilet! The warmth of the staff, the luxurious appointments, the comfort of the rooms and lounges with roaring fires, will make your stay one that you will want to repeat over and over. In fact much of the custom is repeat as guests feel so at home.
Live Music every Saturday Night and in between
Saturday nights are when most live gigs happen and then the Deeside Inn jumps! Although on occasion, mid-week will also see gigs from London or elsewhere. The locals have their favourites and Scottish folk music is the core, but there have also been The Jetsonics, a bit of rock from Roddy Woomble of Idlewild, and Capercaillie favourite Charlie McKennon. The Mad Ferrets are a favourite with the regulars and rock royalty Ethan Johns himself, a global producer (who’s dad produced The Who), said he had “never played a gig like it before” when he played at the Deeside!
Festive Offers and Breaks
There are always special deals at the Deeside Inn. Have a romantic weekend break or a mid-week get-away. You’ll find one that suits you or have one custom-made.
- Advance Save – Book and pay 7 days or more in advance and save 10% on Bed and Breakfast.
- Dinner Deals – Available 7 nights a week. Includes three course dinner plus full Crerar breakfast.
- Festive Breaks 2017 –
- Two-night Christmas break for £165 – Includes Christmas Day lunch, dinner, breakfast and lots of additional festive treats.
- Three-night Christmas Break for £239 – Includes Christmas Day lunch, dinner, breakfast and lots of additional festive treats.
- Four-night Christmas Break for £265 – Includes Christmas Day lunch, dinner, breakfast and lots of additional festive treats.
- Three-night New Year Break for £305 – Includes New Year’s Eve entertainment, and dinner, breakfast and lots of additional festive treats.
- Festive afternoon tea by the fire – £12 per person, available from 1st December to 22nd December.
- Festive Sunday lunch – Traditional classic choices – 3rd, 10th and 17th December – 2 courses £15 – 3 courses £20.
- Christmas Day lunch – Traditional Christmas fare – Starter and Main course 3.30pm in The Dining Room, £50 per person.
- Hogmanay Dinner – See in the New Year in style with friends and family. Fine dining at it’s best. £60 per person.
Guests are asked to inform the hotel at time of booking if there are any dietary or mobility needs. Arrangements will be made to accommodate all guests. As this is a dog-friendly hotel, you are welcome to bring your faithful companion with you.
- Free Parking / Disabled Parking
- Swimming Pool / Steam Room / Gym / Beauty Treatment Rooms / Hot Tub
- Welcome Tea Tray / Room Service / Family Guest Room / Cot / Reception Safe
- WiFi throughout the hotel / Conference Rooms / Photocopying and Faxing
- Live Music / Restaurant / Bar / Lounge / Banqueting Suites
- Pet Friendly
Castles and Attractions in Ballater
Royal Lochnagar Distillery – Royal Lochnagar Distillery is an award-winning establishment situated on the Abergeldie Estate on Royal Deeside, in the shadow of Lochnagar Mountain and beside Balmoral Castle. This distillery has a ‘Royal’ prefix, arising from a visit from Queen Victoria herself in the 19th century where she enjoyed a dram of single malt Lochnagar.
- Beautiful Scottish location – The stunning countryside near the Loch Muick and Balmoral Castle make for exquisite photographs. If it’s an indoor-day, the inn with it’s Grampian Highland atmosphere, the Victorian décor, roaring fires and superb food and drink, will make your day simply unforgettable.
- Only one wedding per day – So the staff will dedicate their attention to making your day perfect.
- Up to 60 guests for wedding breakfast
- Up to 100 guests for evening reception
- Dedicated team – Will see to every tiny detail so that the occasion will run as smoothly as the single malt Whisky they provide.
- Customised packages – Consult with the professionals and they will see that it is done. All your wedding day jitters will disappear in the relaxed and professionally run Deeside Inn.
- Bridal suite – Will be provided for the bridal party to ready themselves and in which to retire after the event. Special bedroom rates for wedding guests are available.
- Free car parking and plenty of room.
- Room decoration, flowers, chair covers, DJ, band and further entertainment can all be arranged and exclusive use of the hotel is available.
If you can’t make it yourself, give someone a gift voucher of a stay at the fabulous Deeside Inn. Choose from the following:
Monetary Gift Vouchers: Can be used for Spa Breaks, Dining, Overnight stays, Afternoon Tea. They range from £25 to £150 or any amount you specify. Other Gift Vouchers are:
- A romantic afternoon Tea for Two and save 10%.
- A three-course dinner with a bottle of wine for two.
- Give a Pamper Day gift voucher as a birthday or engagement gift.
- Your friend needing a break? An overnight stay for two including dinner. Includes use of the steam room, sauna and 30 minute spa treatment.
Find Deeside Inn – Travelling from the south on the A93, follow the road in to the centre of Ballater and turn right on to Victoria Road Deeside Inn sits on the left hand side of the road.
From Aberdeen and the east follow the A93 into Ballater, driving alongside the River Dee on Tullich Road. At the end of Tullich Road, turn right on to Bridge Street, then take a left turn into Victoria Road, in which the hotel sits on the left hand side.
If you have any comments or questions, please fill in the form below and I’ll be happy to get back to you.