Ben Wyvis Hotel – Strathpeffer, Ross-shire Highland, Scotland
Surrounded by the most exquisite gardens and woodlands, you can be forgiven if you feel that you have slipped back in time to the 18th Century. The majestic façade of the Ben Wyvis Hotel belies the warmth of the welcoming staff and the accommodations.
The staff at the Ben Wyvis Hotel are well practised at handling large groups of visitors and regularly accommodate coach loads of guests. As the hotel is close to the town of Invergordon and the dry docks, it is a good choice for the corporate stays related to oil industry rigging. They welcome all such inquiries.
Local Attractions in Strathpeffer
- Castle Leod – One of the most beautiful castles in the Highlands, it is currently owned by the Earl and Countess of Cromarty. It dates back to before the 15th Century and is the country seat of the Chief of the Clan Mackenzie. Only open to view between May and September. Details HERE.
- Strathpeffer Pavilion – An awesome historical venue in the village where they have regular concerts and shows both classical and contemporary. It is also popular with locals and visitors alike for coffee and cake. For more information of what is on, Go HERE.
- Museum of Childhood – An interactive museum where visitors are encouraged to dress up and play with toys dating back 200 years. Listen to childhood stories of the crofters in the area. Open between April and October. For more details of opening times Go HERE.
- Strathpeffer Pump Room – In former times, The Pump Room was a popular Spa where High Society would gather for “the season”. You can spend the day in the beautiful gardens, see the exhibition and buy a souvenir from the Gift Shop. For more details on opening times, Go HERE.
- Urquhart Castle – A beautiful, historical castle situated 40 minutes away by road, Urquhart Castle sits on the banks of Loch Ness near the village of Drumnadrochit. Here you will have a perfect view of the Loch and possibly of Nessie herself! For details of opening times and prices Go HERE.
- Glen Ord Distillery – Makers of The Singleton of Glen Ord Whisky. A unique whisky unavailable anywhere else in the UK or Europe. Sampling is encouraged. For more information Go HERE.
- Dingwall Museum – Once the centre of local government, the historical building now houses many artifacts and fascinating tales of exploits unique to Dingwall. Open from May to December. Go HERE for more details.
- Rogie Falls – An incredible group of waterfalls on the Black Water. Amble through the forest hills along a series of walks and cross the suspension bridge for the best view of the river.
- Whisky Tours – No holiday in Scotland is complete without sampling the locally made Whisky. For tours and tasting the Glen Ord Distillery, Teaninich and the Dalmore Distillery, Go HERE for more information.
Guests are asked to inform the hotel at time of booking if there are any dietary or mobility needs. Arrangements will be made to accommodate all guests. As this is a dog-friendly hotel, you are welcome to bring your faithful companion with you.
- Free Parking / Disabled Parking
- Swimming Pool / Steam Room / Gym / Beauty Treatment Rooms / Hot Tub
- Welcome Tea Tray / Room Service / Family Guest Room / Cot / Reception Safe
- WiFi throughout the hotel / 4x Conference Rooms / All Equipment and staff / Space for Marquees
- Live Music / Restaurant / Bar / Lounge / Banqueting Suites / Grand Affairs up to 1000 guests
- Pet Friendly
Ben Wyvis Weddings & Corporate Events
The stunning gardens and baronial estate of Ben Wyvis Hotel is the perfect setting for the most important day in your life. The staff as well at the outside suppliers will work with you, to customise your day and ensure everything runs smoothly. With 92 traditionally decorated rooms to choose from, your guests can all stay over at preferential rates. Make inquiries and your bookings HERE.
Get out of the city and take your corporate meeting to the Ben Wyvis Hotel. They can accommodate 120 candidates in their boardroom and lounge or use the 32-seater cinema for seminars. Free WiFi in all public areas ensures you will not lose touch with the office. Plenty of free parking and packages are far more cost effective than any city venue. For more information on this and to do your bookings – Go HERE.
Come to the Ben Wyvis Hotel for the most sensational musical tributes starting from November. You will be entertained in grand style with dinner, bed and breakfast packages. You will see:
- Rod Stewart Tribute – 17-18 November 2017 – £49.50 for one night. 2 Nights for £99.
- Tom Jones Tribute – 24-25 November 2017 – £49.50 for one night. 2 Nights for £99.
- Neil Diamond and Johnny Cash – 1-2 December 2017 – £49.50 for one night. 2 Nights for £99.
- Michael Bublé – 8-9 December 2017 – £49.50 for one night. 2 Nights for £99.
Easy to find Ben Wyvis Hotel from the A9 from Inverness and Dingwall. Follow the signposts to Strathpeffer, then the A834 and you will see the hotel on your left. A short 18 miles from Inverness Airport and seven miles from Dingwall train station.
Please leave a comment below or if you have any questions, I’ll be happy to get back to you!