Thainstone House – Inverurie, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
House motto – “QUOD PETIS HIC EST” to “What You Seek Is Here…”
Thainstone House dates back to the 18th Century and is a grand family home and hotel in Inverurie, near Aberdeen. It is part of the Crerar Group of hotels and every inch inside and out reflects the elegance, style and luxury of a bygone era.
Set in 44 acres of woodlands and parklands, Thainstone House is the perfect get-away for those romantic occasions but near enough to Aberdeen for Business Conferences and Team-building activities. The warmly traditional Scottish welcome is seen from the 2 AA Rosette restaurant to the high quality guestrooms. Everything the Crerar Hotels do is done with elegance, warmth and open-heartedness.
This can be seen annually when the CEO, Paddy Crerar gifts more than half of the group’s distributable profits to local good causes. This is the only hotel group in the world to share their profits with outsiders. Their philosophy of being the “Hotels with Heart and Soul” is not just publicity – they live this motto every day. So the more you spend, the more the local charities and good causes will receive. Much of the custom at the hotels are repeat customers. Once you have experienced the top class fine dining, the comfort and luxury of the rooms, the warmth and loving care of the staff – you won’t want to go anywhere else!
Thainstone House specializes in Weddings and they are renowned for seeing to every facet of the special event and arranging everything to suit your every need. The beauty of the gardens, the banqueting hall and the input from local suppliers are all geared to make your special day a never-to-be-forgotten event!
Whether you are planning the huge traditional wedding or a small civil, religious or humanist and intimate ceremony, Thainstone House is the perfect venue. There are packages to suit every desire and budget.
2017 Inclusive Wedding Package
The package is fully inclusive and evolved over many years of listening to couples and guests express their desires. Based on a minimum of 40 guests and costs £2017.
- Red carpet welcome
- A glass of Prosecco on arrival
- Hire of the wedding suite for your wedding breakfast and evening reception
- Master of ceremonies
- Three course menu from our menu selector designed by our Head Chef
- Glass of selected wine with a refill during the wedding breakfast
- A glass of sparkling wine for the toast
- Chair covers and sashes
- Menus and table plan
- Silver cake stand and knife
- Stovies with oatcakes in the evening
- Overnight stay with breakfast for the Bride and Groom in the Bridal Suite
Guests are asked to inform the hotel at time of booking if there are any dietary or mobility needs. Arrangements will be made to accommodate all guests. As this is a dog-friendly hotel, you are welcome to bring your faithful companion with you.
- Free Parking / Disabled Parking
- Swimming Pool / Steam Room / Gym / Beauty Treatment Rooms / Hot Tub
- Welcome Tea Tray / Room Service / Family Guest Room / Cot / Reception Safe
- WiFi throughout the hotel / 4x Conference Rooms / All Equipment and staff / Space for Marquees
- Live Music / Restaurant / Bar / Lounge / Banqueting Suites / Grand Affairs up to 1000 guests
- Pet Friendly
Offers and Breaks
- Summer Breaks – Stay for 2 nights and save up to 15% or stay 3 nights or more and save up to 20%.
- Advance Booking Deals – Book your next stay 7 days or more in advance and pre-pay to SAVE 10% on bed and breakfast.
- Pamper Spa Breaks – Available Sunday to Thursday – Enquire about the different exciting packages for singles, couples and groups.
- Dinner Deals – Available 7 days a week. Includes three course dinner plus full Crerar breakfast.
- Festive Breaks ~
- Christmas 23rd or 24th – 27th December 2017. Includes Christmas Day lunch, dinner, bed and breakfast plus festivities and entertainment.
- Twixmas – 27th – 30th December 2017 Includes dinner and entertainment, breakfast and lots of additional festive treats.
- New Year – 30th December – 2nd January Includes New Year’s Eve entertainment, and dinner, breakfast and lots of additional festive treats.
Top Attractions in Inverurie
- Fyvie Castle – Visit the beautiful gardens and tea room all year round. An impressive collection of portraits including works by Raeburn, Batoni, Romney, Gainsborough, Opie, Lawrence and Hoppner housed in Baronial splendour.
- Tolquhon Castle – One of the most beautiful castles in Scotland. Commissioned by Sir William Frobes in 1584, it became a most impressive residence with an equally impressive defence system to deter anyone with less than honorable intentions.
- Aberdeen Maritime Museum – Houses a unique collection of fast sailing ships, ship building, fishing and port history. You can also see displays on the North sea oil and gas industry.
- Aberdeen Art Gallery & Museums – Houses one of the finest art collections in Britain with painting, sculpture and graphics from the 15th Century to today.
- Whisky Distilleries – Aberlour, Strathisla and The Glenlivet distilleries are located in the famous malt whisky producing region on the River Spey.
- Performing Arts –
- The Lemon Tree – Music, drama, comedy, dance venue.
- His Majesty’s Theatre – Performances such as Coldplay, Billy Connolly and John Bishop with productions such as We Will Rock You, The sound Of Music and Dirty Dancing have all stepped onto the stage
- The Music Hall – Hosts a wide variety of concerts, performances, shows and events ranging from classical concerts to contemporary comedy.
If you have a comment or question, please feel free to fill in the form below and I will be happy to get back to you.