Oban Bay Hotel – Corran Esplanade, Oban, Argyll, Scotland
As the name suggests, Oban Bay Hotel is situated on the Esplanade in the heart of Argyll on the west coast of Scotland. Here you will find the ferry port of Oban which is known as the “Gateway to the Isles” as you can get the ferries to the Islands of Lismore, Colonsay, Islay, Coll, Tiree, Craignure on Mull and many more.
If you are driving, finding the hotel is simplicity itself. Oban is found at the western end of the A85 after a beautifully scenic route along the A82 from Glasgow. You will travel along the famous Loch Lomond and through the Trossachs National Park. There is a daily train from Glasgow and of course the bus service is always excellent. You can enquire about coach links and the management will be happy to make the arrangements for you.
Oban is central enough for weekend breaks or midweek breaks. If you just need to get away and rewind overnight, you can do that too and breathe in the fresh sea breeze while having your dinner. Choose a bedroom suite overlooking the Sound of Kerrera and enjoy the solitude of nature.
As with every Hotel and Inn in the Crerar Hotel Group – 50% or more of their distributable profits are gifted to the local charities and good causes. They can only do this with the thanks of extremely satisfied customers. The more you spend – the more you are helping others to realize their good causes. The Crerar “Heart and Soul” philosophy is lived by every member of staff throughout the group. They will make your stay unforgettable.
Guests who need mobility adjustments are asked to contact the hotel ahead of time so that arrangements can be made. As some of the hotels are historical buildings, the disabled amenities are not always apparent. The management will be more than happy to make the necessary adjustments to ensure your stay is comfortable and stress free!
- Disabled Parking
- Disabled Friendly Guestrooms
- Pet Friendly
- Steam Room and Sauna
- WiFi throughout the hotel
- Photocopying and faxes
- Room Service and wake-up call
- Conference Rooms
- Sun lounge with sea views
Things to do in Oban
- Visit the Oban War & Peace Museum
- The Oban Sea Life Sanctuary – Learn about their Conservation efforts and their Sea Life Trust
- MacCaig’s Tower – The architecture is based on the Colosseum in Rome and can be seen high above the town.
- The Oban Distillery – Established in 1794 – One of Scotland’s oldest sources of single malt Whisky. Book a tour.
- Oban Chocolate Factory – Hand made chocolates. Voted one of the top 10 for deliciousness in Europe. Who can resist? With over 50 kinds of chocolate – who can resist?
- Visit Dunollie Castle – A small castle ruin and the ancestral home of the Clan MacDougall. Visit the gift shop and take part in local events.
- Make enquiries about local events like the West Highland Yachting Week and the Argyllshire Gathering: Oban Games.
Eat, Drink and be Pampered
Oban is known as the Seafood Capital of Scotland and the locally caught shellfish is served in abundance. If you are a seafoodie, you will be spoiled for choice. The head chef also changes the menus daily so that you never have the same thing twice -unless you want it. There is all-day food and the folk are not shy to tuck in.
If steak is more to your taste, you won’t be disappointed there either. The chef chooses the best from the grass-fed pedigree Lammermuir Luing herd. The nearby Inverarwe Smokehouse fills in the gaps with their traditionally smoked foods. The locals flock to the Oban for the traditional Sunday lunch.
- Summer Break – Stay 2 nights and save up to 15% or stay 3 nights or more and save up to 20%
- Advance Saver – Book and pay in advance and save 10% on your stay.
- Dinner, Bed and Breakfast Deals. Available all year round. Treat yourself with a top-class dinner and wake up to the famous Crerar Hotel breakfast!
- Christmas and New Year Breaks. Take advantage of the three and four-night deals over the festive season. Contact the hotel here for more details.
If you can’t make it yourself, give someone a gift voucher of a stay at the fabulous Oban Bay Hotel. They can be sent anywhere in the world. Choose from the following:
- A romantic afternoon Tea for Two and save 10%.
- A three-course dinner with a bottle of wine for two.
- Give a Pamper Day gift voucher as a birthday or engagement gift.
- Your friend needing a break? An overnight stay for two including dinner. Includes use of the steam room, sauna and 30 minute spa treatment.
If you have any questions about the Oban Bay Hotel or any other in the Crerar Group please leave me a message below and I’ll be happy to get back to you. Or if you want to leave a comment, please do so there as well.