Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa – Craignure, Isle of Mull, Scotland
Take the ferry from either Oban or Lochaline in Argyll to one of the friendliest Isles in Scotland. Enter Craignure Bay and see the Isle of Mull Hotel stretched out before ye with the gardens hugging the water’s edge. The ferry terminal is close by and is the perfect stepping-off place to explore the dramatic coastal scenery of the West Coast of Scotland.
The Isle of Mull is a miniature Garden of Eden with many birds of every hue, including birds of prey – a veritable birder’s paradise. Wild deer roaming free and teeming sea life. It is the ideal spot for walking or just sitting vacations. You are more than welcome to have your faithful four-legged companion with you. The hotel caters to all people! Guide and assistance dogs stay free and are catered to as carefully as are the guests.
Things to do on the Isle of Mull
- Ferry rides to Staffa Island – the variety of bird life and sea creatures is a treat to behold.
- Take a short ferry ride to the Isle of Iona – This is the most sacred holy site in all of Scotland. The Iona Abbey was restored and you can still see the 13th to 16th Century architecture. St. Columba brought Christianity to this region in 563 AD and the graves of many Scottish kings are still here.
- Our Sheallach-Na-Mara Restaurant is one of the best fine-dining restaurants on the West cost of Scotland. The daily delivery of the finest local produce; a huge variety of shell fish, line fish, game, venison and the best of Highland beef ensures your eating experience to be unforgettable. The extensive wine list, ales and beers and over 30 single malt whiskys, complements whatever dish you choose and all dietary needs are met.
- Visit the 13th Century Duart Castle – ancestral home to the Clan Maclean. The castle changed hands a number of times. It was besieged by the Cromwellian army, demolished by the Clan Campbell, was restored and is thankfully back in it’s rightful hands of Clan Maclean. The fascinating exhibition dedicated to the many Clan Maclean chiefs can be seen on day visits.
- Visit the one and only distillery on the island – Tobermory Distillery established in 1798. They don’t need competition as they produce two completely different, world-class, single malt whiskys. Book a tour and learn of the history, methods of distilling and sample the delicious nectar of the gods!
For guests needing mobility aids or any sort of special assistance, please inform the hotel at the time of booking so that the appropriate arrangements can be made.
- Free / Disabled Parking
- Disabled-friendly Guestrooms / Accessible Guestrooms / All public areas Disabled Accessible
- Swimming Pool / Gym / Steam Room / Sauna / Hot Tub
- Free WiFi throughout Hotel / Conference Rooms
- Welcome Tea Tray / Room Service /
- Lounge / Bar / Restaurant / Outdoor Eating Areas
- Pet Friendly – All rooms are dog-friendly and can accommodate maximum of two dogs. Brings their own blankets and toys so that they will settle in easier in a strange place.
Leisure and Events
- 17 m Pool / Sauna / Outdoor Hot Tub / Steam Room / Rasul Mud Room / Swimming Lessons
- Spa Treatments open from Monday to Sunday!
- Weddings – A unique and beautifully secluded setting on the edge of the water. Every wedding is bespoke to your special requirements. Standard packages include:
- Wedding co-ordinator / Personalised menus / Seating Plans / Complimentary overnight stay for two before the wedding / Preferential rates for wedding guests / Red Carpet arrival / Celebration glass of Champagne for the bridal couple / Cake stand and knife / Castles available for the ceremony.
Every hotel in the Crerar Group believes in giving back to the community. They do this by gifting more than half of their distributable profits to local good causes and charities. They have set up the Crerar Trust that is funded by the Crerar Hotel Group, Crerar Trust Chairman and Chief Executive of Crerar Hotel Group, Paddy Crerar. The more you spend, the more the local communities benefit and the Isle of Mull is no exception. You can see a list of the donations made by every hotel HERE!
For a unique experience on your next break – The Isle of Mull Hotel is a must-see!
If you have any questions or comments, please fill in the form below and I’ll be happy to get back to you.