Crerar Hotels and Inns are are situated in the most stunning surroundings in Scotland and Yorkshire, UK.
There are 14 Hotels and Inns in the group and each one reflects the traditional, local influences and beauty of the areas in which they are situated. This hotel chain is the leading privately owned and family-run group in the UK and the company has adopted social responsibilities that translate into the care and attention they give to everything they do. They believe in delivering a “Heart & Soul” approach to traditional hospitality.
All the staff are encouraged to go the extra mile to provide the highest level of services to every guest. You will be sure that your every need is met and your stay will be the happiest spent in any hotel in the world! The staff demonstrates the values of Pride, Authenticity, Creativity, Focus, Respect and Hard work.
Every hotel pays out 50% of it’s distributable profits to the good causes of the surrounding communities, supporting the charities in the area.
Crerar Hotels Trust
The Crerar Hotels Trust is chaired by the CEO of the group, Paddy Crerar. He firmly believes in giving back and improving the quality of the communities. He gifts more than half of the annual profits to the good causes in the surrounding communities in which the hotels are situated. The Trust has donated over £4 million in the last ten years.
Paddy says, “It’s our customers that are making the difference to everyday lives. Without their patronage we could give nothing back.”
Services Found at every Hotel
- Rooms that cater for the Disabled.
- Dog-Friendly. They welcome your four-legged companion and with gardens and surrounds that are heavenly for exploring, your dog will never be bored.
- Spa Therapies and Beauty Treatments. Swimming, sauna and steam rooms. Gyms and tennis courts.
- Outdoors – Walk through the lush countryside. Go fishing or golfing or simply breathe in the fragrance of the gardens.
- Interested in the History and Culture of Scotland and Yorkshire? All hotels are in close proximity to heritage sites, museums, national parks and the castles.
- Private groups are catered for with tour operators available.
- Single travellers will find the peace and quiet of the country hotels irresistible and often stay on longer.
- Snow Skiing. Some of the hotels in Scotland are within easy reach of Scotland’s snow resorts. Enjoy a warm meal and cosy fireplace after a day on the slopes.
List of Crerar Hotels and Inns
- Loch Fyne Hotel & Spa AA ★★★★
–Inveraray, Argyll, Scotland, on the West Coast of Scotland. The decor with the tartan carpeting reflects a bygone era but the amenities and menus are modern and first class.
- Golf View Hotel and Spa – AA ★★★★ – Nairn, Scotland with panoramic views over the Moray Firth.
- Chevin Country Park Hotel and Spa – AA ★★★ – Yorkgate, Otley, Yorkshire, England. Famous for the AA Rosette Lakeside Restaurant.
- Eight Acres Hotel and Leisure Club – Elgin, Morayshire, Scotland.
- Oban Bay Hotel – Features a daily catch of local fish. Oban is known as the ‘Seafood Capital’ of Scotland. The chefs outdo themselves with traditional fare with a modern twist.
- Isle of Mull Hotel and Spa – Sheallach-Na-Mara Restaurant has the best views on the island. They specialize in ‘Highland’ beef and game and local seafoods and steaks.
- Scotland’s Hotel and Leisure Club – Specialize in Italian dishes using all local produce.
- Thainstone House – AA ★★★★ – Inverurie, Aberdeenshire, Scotland. 2 AA Rosette restaurants top chefs produce fine dining using the finest ingredients. Morning and afternoon pastries, small plates and starter dishes.
- GoGlasgow Urban Hotel – Exciting meals combining classic meals and pub grub.
- Ben Wyvis Hotel – Strathpeffer, Ross-shire Highland, Scotland. Renowned for home cooking and traditional ingredients.
- The Craiglynne Hotel – Grantown-on-Spey, Morayshire, Scotland. The Victorian restaurant showpieces the best of Victoriana with comfort and beauty. The menus reflect the traditional and variety of bygone days.
- Deeside Inn – AA ★★★★ – Ballater, Aberdeenshire, Scotland. As always, only the freshest local produce is used. The chef’s own gardens supply the kitchen and every meal is an event.
- The Glencoe Inn – AA ★★★★ – Overlooks Loch Leven providing stunning views from the dining room. Afternoon tea with a huge variety of pastries, finger sandwiches and cakes can be enjoyed in front of the fireplace or weather permitting, outside in the picnic areas.
- The Glencoe Gathering – West Highlands. Adjacent to the Glencoe Inn, the glencoe Gathering is a more informal establishment where you can pop in for a pint and food. The head chef keeps to the overall standard of the hotel group in that only the best local ingredients are used and the locals enjoy the ‘posh’ fish and chip restaurant.
As you would expect when visiting hotels in Scotland and Yorkshire, you will be presented with an excellent malt whisky menu and the top wines chosen by our top chefs. With a choice of over 30 single malt whiskys originating from the Highlands, the Lowlands, and the Islands as well as a formidable menu of cocktails, gins and vodkas, you will be forgiven for taking your time to decide. While you are, you can sip on the famous Flying Scotsman – a concoction of whisky, vermouth, Angostura bitters and honey. This is served over ice and is very moreish!
I can truly say that this group of hotels offers the best in accommodation, food and drink, the friendliest staff and is most affordable for locals and visitors alike. Each hotel is unique, taking it’s personality from the surrounding countryside, the traditions of the locals and utilizing the best of local produce.
With their loving and caring values giving back to each community – they are a firm favourite with everyone. Their guests return year after year and the locals frequent the restaurants and pubs. For more on each hotel, follow the links above. If you would like to leave a comment or ask a question, please feel free to fill in the form below and I will get back to you!
Crerar Hotels have planned the best Entertainment Breaks to take through the rest of the year!
The live Entertainment Breaks will be tributes to the greatest singers of our time.
Who remembers Rod Stewart, Lionel Richie, Dolly Parton, Robbie Williams, Whitney Houston and so many others?
Make a weekend of it, savour a delicious dinner presented as only the chefs at the Crerar Hotels can.
Wake up to a full Crerar breakfast with the satisfaction of knowing you have had your money’s worth and an incredible experience!
And that’s not all – for all you Whodunit boffins – join in for the Murder Mystery weekend and test your observational skills. Great fun all round!
Breaks from ONLY £49.50 per person!
SCOTLAND’S HOTEL & LEISURE CLUB, PITLOCHRY
Whitney Houston Tribute | Michael Bublé Tribute | Lionel Richie Tribute
Cher Tribute | Robbie Williams Tribute | Adele Tribute | Dolly Parton Tribute
BEN WYVIS HOTEL, STRATHPEFFER
Rod Stewart Tribute | Tom Jones Tribute | Michael Bublé Tribute
Neil Diamond & Johnny Cash Tribute
THE CRAIGLYNNE HOTEL, GRANTOWN-ON-SPEY
Cher & Tina Turner Tribute | Rod Stewart Tribute
Cairngorm Autumn Retreat with live entertainment
GOGLASGOW URBAN HOTEL, GLASGOW
Diana Ross & The Motown Tribute
EIGHT ACRES HOTEL & LEISURE CLUB, ELGIN
Elvis Tribute | Murder Mystery Night
If you have any questions about the hotels or ideas on what you would like to see please add a comment below and I’ll be happy to get back to you!